Signature Spring Scent: Roses de Chloé


The Devil made me do it.

Buy this perfume, that is.

I was strolling in Ulta in order to return and exchange a skincare product from Ulta. I usually never pass up a chance to go to Ulta, but lately I have been avoiding it like the plague because I vowed to myself to pass up buying makeup for Lent. I have been very good about self-control and I haven't bought any makeup since February 10...however, I have been buying a few nail polishes here and there. There has been that guilt in my head, telling myself, just because you aren't buying makeup doesn't mean you should be splurging on these other beauty products! But at the same time, I have been exhibiting a lot more self control by buying very few nail polishes, a body scrub I needed, and a dry shampoo. I actually was at Ulta on Sunday to buy those, and I sniffed some of the perfume samples. One that stood out to me was Roses de Chloé.

I guess seeing Kay from Shoes and Glitter's enviable collection and reviews of perfumes made me want to go out and get a bottle (and more in the future) for myself. And you know what? This bottle is so worth it.

Since my trip to Ulta yesterday to return something for my mom, I sprayed Roses de Chloé again and was in total agony of wanting to buy it. The Angel and Devil were on each of my shoulder yesterday at Ulta. With the Angel telling me, no, don't! There will be many other times to buy this! But I listened to the Devil, teasing me..you know you want this. Come on, this is the last 1 oz. they have in stock! I guess it means we all have a bit of Devil in us, right? We are all not perfect.

Roses de Chloé comes in three sizes: 1 oz. for $70 (which I bought), 1.7 oz. for $95, and 2.5 oz. for $120. It also comes in a 0.33 oz. rollerball for $28.

What attracted me to this was the adorably-girly packaging. It's very feminine Parisian–chic, with the ridged square bottle and the pink ribbon tied to it.



As I have taken an interest to fragrances, I have been able to differentiate Eau de parfum vs. Eau de toilette. Eau de parfum has about 10–20% of the essential oil, and less expensive than Extrait de parfum (which contains 15–40%, and is honestly harder to find). Eau de toilette, however, is less expensive than Eau de parfum, and lighter. Roses de Chloé is Eau de toilette, which made me question getting this at first because I like strong, potent scents. And honestly? It is pretty strong for an eau de toilette, but it does evaporate quickly, leaving a nice, lighter scent for those who have a sensitive nose (like Cecilio). It has floral notes of fresh cut roses (mmm!), roses essence, magnolia accord, balanced with earthy white musk and amber. Also, a hint of citrusy bergamot (orange essential oil) is present.

Roses de Chloé is a gorgeous, soft-scented perfume that is perfect for spring and makes you want to run, jump and dance around in a field of roses (mm...now I want to walk around the McKinley Rose Garden in Midtown Sacramento). As the weather warms up, flowers bloom, and clothing hems are shortening, there is also a need for scents to be lighter and more floral.

You can find Roses de Chloé at Sephora and Ulta, and at higher-end department stores such as Macy's, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, and Bloomingdale's (Keep in mind that none of the department stores carry the 1 oz. bottle which is what I have).

Do you have this bottle? Or...what are your favorite scents for the spring?

3 comments :

  1. looks great! loving the visuals too x
    have a nice day dear x

    darcia.pl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't usually go for floral scents, but this sounds pretty amazing... I will definitely have to give it a sniff :) xx

    http://beautypeptalk.blogspot.hr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is very light though, because it is Eau de Toilette. It is a wonderful smell!

      Delete