NYX Lip Lingerie Liquid Lipsticks

NYX Lip Lingerie Liquid Lipsticks

Damnnn NYX, back at it again with the liquid lipsticks!

The NYX Lip Lingerie Liquid Lipsticks were released as a part of the 2016 line. When I first saw them, I was not interested because they had all these shades of nude that were similar. But when I saw the darker shades such as Exotic (left) and Beauty Mark (right), I was super excited and needed to get my hands on them ASAP.

NYX Lip Lingerie swatches
Exotic (top), Beauty Mark (bottom)

Kylie Jenner lip colors are not as popular as they used to be, but they are a trend that still isn't going away anytime soon, and they define the beauty trends of the 2010's. Kylie released a lip kit last year for $29 for each shade (that comes with a liquid lipstick and a matching lip liner, with shades similar to the shades she wears), but rather than shelling out the $$ and paying an extra $7.95 for shipping, I wanted to find dupes. There have been conspiracies that she repackaged them from the ColourPop Ultra Matte liquid lipsticks, but I don't believe that to be true, but they are a great alternative for those who are budget-consious. It may or may not be a coincidence that the NYX Lip Lingeries have released shortly after Kylie released those lip kits. Best of all? They are only $7 a pop! (less than Kylie's shipping fee)

Like most liquid lipsticks, these are a matte formula. However, upon application, they have a soft, velvety feel, and they are initially not drying. They last for a very long time, which I am happy with. They still stay on even through eating and drinking coffee, but I do reapply out of habit. However, I am not too happy with how the lines of my lips are more emphasized. And they do dry out at the end of the day, so I have to make sure I put on Carmex before going to bed or else my lips become so dry, and the inner lips have peeled off. It could be much much worse though. These are nowhere near as drying as other liquid lipsticks. You should still exfoliate and apply lip balm before trying these though. It seems to me that lip liner is not needed as much because the doe applicator is a tad bit more pointed and the formula is not as messy, so I am able to apply it seamlessly.

About the shades. Exotic is a medium, reddish brown, and that was the one I was looking forward to the most. When I first tried it on, I was sorely disappointed. It looked lighter and pinker to me. I guess it shows that I shouldn't always rely on the arm swatch, especially if it's on an arm that has lighter skin than mine. However, it is one of those shades that I have grown to love overtime, and use as an everyday lip color. It is a tad lighter version than MAC Retro, but darker than Maybelline Touch of Spice or Gerard Cosmetics 1995. And depending on the light source, it does appear dark, especially under sunlight.

NYX Lip Lingerie exotic
Exotic (actually darker in real life)

Beauty Mark is a deep brown, as close as you can get to Kylie's True Brown K. It is a little bit more muted in me, but still a gorgeous color nonetheless and great for Fall. My mom said I was trying to look gothic when I was wearing it though, haha. This is definitely the quintessential 90's shade.

NYX Lip Lingerie beauty mark
Beauty Mark

I would highly recommend the NYX Lip Lingerie liquid lipsticks if you want something similar to Kylie's lip kit shades, but don't want to shell out extra money, but you also want something more comfortable and less drying than the ColourPop Ultra Matte liquid lipsticks. You can check out all 12 shades here.

8 comments :

  1. i seriously love this whole collection and want to get all of them hah, loving those two shades! Exotic is reaaally really pretty xx

    darcia.pl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been eyeing up this collection for some time now and its just launched here in the UK, I really liked the look of Push Up but now that I've read your post, I really want Exotic haha ♥

    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Exotic would look great on you, and I did see that Kay reviewed some of the shades even though not all of them are in the UK

      Delete
  3. Ohh, I literally just posted my review of the NYX lippies today, and then I spotted it on your blog - great minds think alike, I guess? :D x x Exotic isn't available here in the UK yet, so I'm very glad that you decided to review that one because I've been curious! x It looks absolutely gorgeous on you, and I can see that your experience with the formula was quite similar to mine. I've found these to be VERY drying, but even exfoliating and moisturising didn't seem to help! x x Fab review, hun. x

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahaha it's so funny how we both posted reviews for these at the same time! Yes it didn't dry on me as quickly as other liquid lipsticks, in fact it felt really comfortable at first! I do love Exotic so much!

      Delete
  4. I've been putting off a review for these lol! I was really shocked to see you liked these! I've been thinking though, you're always going for darker shades than I do so definitely the formulas could be slightly different! I find Colour Pop to be easier to remove than these and will agree the NYX Lingerie lippies emphasize the lines. I thought of you when I tried them out and said she will not like these! I flip flopped on you though and like some of their lip creams depending on my mood and my available choices. I think Exotic is a beautiful color on you! Maybe the Lingerie lipstick would be good with a primer to smooth out the lines? I didn't try that but I will say they stayed on long where I swatched them! Great review and pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to hear a review from you! Yes of course I would only like the darker ones, haha. I always try to give my colourpop liquid lipsticks a chance but every time, they really chap and dry out and I wonder why I keep bothering. I still have some shades I want from them for the Ultra Matte (especially "More Better"), but I will try some of the satin ones too because I am sure they are more comfortable. I also have a Too Faced Primer and MAC prep and prime to help me out!

      Delete