March 2016 Boxycharm: Sweet Treats


Every month I get Boxycharm, which is always a sweet treat. For those who have been reading my blog, you know how crazy I am about this subscription box: for $21/month, you get 4–5 products worth $100+, with well-known brands.

So what's in the March 2016 box?


1. Makeup Geek Pressed Eyeshadow Pans: Cocoa Bear and Cosmopolitan ($6): I have heard of Makeup Geek and I know it's super popular in the blogosphere due to its affordability, collaboration with YouTube gurus, and variety of gorgeous shades...I like to think of Makeup Geek as ColourPop's rival (also because both brands are only available online. But I cannot believe that I have never bought anything from MUG, especially considering that the CEO, Marlena is a Sacramento native! Not just that, they actually were hiring a graphic designer, I saw the posting on Indeed.com during Christmas. I totally would have went for it in a heartbeat, I just didn't because I felt like I didn't have enough experience, especially in the package design part. Yes, MUG's office is in Sacramento! It's so amazing because Sacramento is the little sibling of SF and LA that doesn't get much perks (the other 2 have beauty brand HQs established all over). Also, I have been eyeing the MannyMUA x Makeup Geek Palette for a while.

Anyway, back to the shadows. I was treated with 2 eyeshadows, Cocoa Bear (left, a matte warm brown) and Cosmopolitan (right, metallic copper with rose). the pans are so tiny and cute, but that's probably because I have never had an eyeshadow in a loose pan before, so it's time for me to get a few more shades along with a Z-palette to fit them in. Both shades are very pigmented and smooth for the price they are. They remind me of the shades in the Tartelette in Bloom palette, which I don't have.

Here are the swatches below:




2. Luxie Rose Gold Small Contour Brush 512 ($16): I am always over the moon when I get a brush in my box, and every month, I seem to get them in Boxycharm. I can't say that about ipsy or Birchbox. Brushes are so useful because if I have other brushes of the same kind that are dirty and need to be cleaned, I can use a backup one. This baby pink brush is so adorable with a gold-engraved label on it, and the bristles are so soft. It is cruelty-free too, with synthetic bristles coated with antibacterial solution. I would say based on this type of brush, it's best for light contouring. If you want a sharp, Kim Kardashian look, you are better off using an angled brush.


3. Catherine Malandrino Style de Paris Perfume ($20): Oh this scent is so clean with subtle fruity notes! I don't like overly sweet scents, and this mini perfume has the right balance between fruity, warm, and fresh. It contains ruby red grapefruit, nashi pear, orange blossom, gardenia and patchouli. Great for the spring and summer!


4. Clark's Botanical Anti-Puff Eye Cream ($87): I have quite a bit of eye creams now: 2 from Murad (a sample my esthetician gave me, and a bottle my mom gave me hers), the Freeze 24/7 Anti-Aging Eye Serum from last month's box...so it doesn't hurt to try a new one. Since this is worth $87, it better erase the lines and puffs under my eyes magically. This is loaded with Vitamin A and E to soften and smoothen the skin, and Vitamin K to lighten the dark circles. I have a huge eye circle problem that even orange corrector and my NARS concealer can't hide everything. This is a huge amount of eye cream, so no more needing to buy for now (if it's good enough for me).


5. Chella Tantalizing Taupe Eyebrow Color ($18): When I first saw an eyebrow product in this month's box, I groaned. Another one? Well, this one has proven me wrong because as I drew some strokes on one of my eyebrows, it gave me a very natural yet full, clean and defined brow. Best of all? It's so easy and convenient to use, for those moments where I am too much in a hurry to whip out my ABH brow powder and wax. It is not sloppy like my Maybelline Brow Drama either.

Another box, another moment of satisfaction. I am so happy I have resubscribed my Boxycharm because I put most of the products I get to good use. I really would love to get another subscription box next month or in May. I am torn between Allure Beauty Box or Glossybox. I am leaning towards Glossybox because I love the products they give out and my best friend Rebecca has it, so she can get points if she refers me. Hell, when I get a job I can subscribe to both. 

10 comments :

  1. I love it how every time I come back to your blog, I have so many fab posts to catch up on! :D <3 Your blog is just getting better and better, hun! x Loving this box review as always, I wish we had this in the UK because over here, subscription boxes are quite poor and we rarely get anything good! I'd love to try these Makeup Geek eyeshadows, I've heard great things about the brand, and the shades look absolutely lovely! x x

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww well I'm glad you enjoyed my posts! I definitely have a lot more to churn out! As far as boxes, we have Glossybox (which is really amazing too) and they have it as well in the UK! I highly recommend it!

      Delete
  2. loving these MUG shadows a lot, sooo pretty <3 generally i'm a bit jealous of this box haha looks soo great x

    darcia.pl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo this looks like a fab subscription box! Those eyeshadow shades look lovely

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, I can't wait to start playing around with them!

      Delete
  4. Aren't brushes the best part of any box?! :) I know i love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, because how else would you be able to apply makeup without them?! haha

      Delete
  5. That sounds like a great deal! I do miss the surprise you get with a subscription, but I need to behave for a while! I really love how Makeup Geek shadows blend! You can't go wrong! Fill up a Z Palette, you know you want to! Another addiction like Colour Pop but I'm definitely trying to find alternatives and learn from you to love up the supply you have first. That brush is cute! For that eye cream, worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I haven't tried it yet because I don't have a Z-palette yet or the other shades! I do love the eye cream, and the stinging sensation it gives me at first!

      Delete