Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush "Fearless"


I've been on a blush kick lately. I want to collect them like how I used to collect Pokemon cards as a child. I think it's because it's warming up here in NorCal (it's going to be 72° here all week!) and I am looking for a more flushed glow vs. a dramatic matte look during the colder seasons. I also think it's because my face has gotten a lot slimmer from losing 10 pounds since August due to my prednisone taper down to 8 mg, so I don't feel the need to contour as much as I used to. I think it's also because I've been so lazy with my beauty routine but I still want to look somewhat put together, and blush is a staple for the slacker beauty girl. 

The Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blushes ($28 for 0.2 oz) are one of Tarte's best-selling products, and well-loved by the beauty blogger community. I've always been attracted to the blushes because of packaging (yes, I am a sucker), the more natural-looking but feminine shades (that make you look like you had a sweat session at the gym), the long-wearing formula, and Tarte's natural ingredients (made with clay from the Amazon River and baked by the sun). Tarte's CEO, Maureen Kelly, has always made it her mission to go green and only use natural products for her brand but still market it as cutesy and fun, since a lot of green beauty brands have plain packaging.

I got the shade Blushing Bride (a medium plummy-rose) in October, but returned it because looked too weird on my warm-toned tan skin. I also really adore the punch hot pink Natural Beauty, but it looks too similar to my Too Faced Love Flush "How Deep Is Your Love?" or The Balm Instain "Toile". It's lighter sister, Fearless, attracted me, so I took the plunge and indulged.

Fearless is described as a coral pink. It is slightly more warm toned, but definitely more on the pink side. I feel that those with any undertones (cool, warm, neutral) could pull off whereas whereas shades like Blushing Bride or Dazzled are better off for the cool-toned folk. Fearless is a subtle spring/summer shade.

If you are of my skin tone or darker, don't shy away from these blushes. I know I did for a while and preferred the darker, brighter shades from NARS or The Balm. This is definitely buildable to how much saturation you want on your face, and even if you want a sheer finish (with light swiping), color will still show.

Top: 1 swipe
Bottom: 4 swipes

The shades of the Tarte Amazonian Clay Blushes were made for warm weather! With 16 shades of pink, rose, peach, and coral, you are bound something you love.

I also wear this without foundation sometimes and you wouldn't believe how long it stays and how pigmented it still is.

I hope to get my hands on the shades Captivating and Charisma.

Do any of you guys have the Tarte blushes?

17 comments :

  1. Oh girlie, how much I wish I could collect lots of gorgeous blushes & bronzers :) Even though I LOOOOOOOOVE makeup I try not to hoard it and have only 2 or 3 at a time. Anyway, this is such a lovely review! I really enjoyed it and learnt about a lovely Tarte product. With my skin tone I would probably need to look for a different shade. I am curious to see this lovely blush on you though, I'm sure it suits you perfectly, hon!
    xox Nadia
    http://www.mielandmint.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh don't worry about finding a shade, they have 16 shades available and they all seem like they would suit your skin tone! I will definitely post of selfie with it someday! I have a few bronzers in my stash as well :D

      Delete
  2. I don't have any Tarte blushes, but I would love to get my hands on them! Considering how much time I've spent in the sun (and the fact that I live in SoCal) I'm surprisingly pale, but with 16 shades it's hard NOT to find the color for me haha. The swatch looks very pigmented, even for one swipe so I really like that aspect of it. Since I don't really have any blushes, maybe I'll take the plunge - I love Tarte!

    Great review :)
    Sam | http://mybeautycloud.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give them a try! They are so so beautiful, and most of their shades were made for spring and summer!

      Delete
  3. I've been loving blushes too! My favorite is MAC's Sunbasque, it's gorgeous! Love these shades, don't actually own a Tarte blush

    Yousra | Mystic Tales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I looked up Sunbasque, that's a pretty glowy shade! Definitely give the Tarte blushes a shot, you won't be disappointed!

      Delete
    2. Ooh, I looked up Sunbasque, that's a pretty glowy shade! Definitely give the Tarte blushes a shot, you won't be disappointed!

      Delete
  4. You used to collect Pokemon cards, also? Awesome! :D I used to be totally obsessed with them! x Anyway, I haven't tried any of the Tarte products, but they're deffo on my wishlist - these blushes look absolutely gorgeous and I've heard some fab things about these. :) <3 The shades look so pretty and girly, perfect for spring months, in my opinion! x <3 Thanks for sharing, darling!

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they are absolutely beautiful! Yes, they are made for spring and summer since they don't have really the darker shades for the blushes that would work well in the colder seasons. I hope you have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  5. I never try Tarte but really I need to soon ! such a beautiful shade perfect for upcoming Spring :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely check them out, they have so much variety :)

      Delete
  6. I used to collect Pokemon cards too, I used to be a fan :) I don't have any Tarte blushes/products, but I'd love to try some of them, I've heard a lot about them. Fearless is a beautiful shade!

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it's absolutely gorgeous, I've been using it regularly. Definitely give them a try!

      Delete
  7. Oooh all of that pink is so cute! I think that will look great on you! I used to have Captivating, Exposed, and one other color but I gave them away when I was trying to stick to my Mac blushes in Z-palletes. I absolutely loved the colors and thought the compacts were cute. Now I am loving on some old Nars blushes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I would love to have Captivating! I think Exposed would be too light for me. Oh yes, NARS blushes are amazing (I know Orgasm is a cult favorite but I just did not like it so I returned it) but they are expensive...but then again the Tarte blushes are like only $2 cheaper, LOL!

      Delete
    2. Haha, yes it's too much back and forth! I say I'm trying to cut back and even purge and give stuff away to make life easier then I buy more or see people using what I used to have and want it again! It's a terrible addiction!

      Delete
  8. I have Exposed and it's my all time favorite blush! I love the formula because it's so long-lasting and the shade is the perfect neutral for my pale winter complexion!
    http://carolinapage.eu

    ReplyDelete