**NEW SHADES** NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams

NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams

NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams

I wanna give a shout out to Nouveau Cheap for keeping up with all of the beauty news, especially when new products come out. It's not easy catching up, researching, collaborating and posting about it! So when I found out through her that NYX added new shades for their Soft Matte Lip Creams, Butter Lipsticks, Butter Glosses, Matte Lipsticks and Intense Butter Glosses, I squealed with joy! As much as I love some of the original Soft Mattes, a lot of the shades have the same pinks and nudes (with the exception of my 3 favorites: Copenhagen, Monte Carlo and Prague), and I was craving for variety. And variety is what I got!

The original shades are: Abu Dhabi, Addis Ababa, Amsterdam, Antwerp, Athens, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Cannes, Copenhagen, Ibiza, Istanbul, London, Monte Carlo, Morocco, Prague, Sao Paulo, Stockholm, Sydney, Tokyo, Transylvania, Zurich.

The 12 new shades: Berlin, Budapest, Dubai, Havana, Madrid, Manila, Moscow, Paris, Rome, San Juan, Seoul, Vancouver.

I was lucky enough to get Budapest, Madrid, and Dubai at Ulta when they first released (they only sold half of the shades though). I ordered Paris and Manila online!

For references, here are the swatches on my hand:

 NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams swatches
Left to right: Paris, Manila, Dubai, Budapest, and Madrid

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Paris
Paris

Let's talk about Paris. Paris is always a good idea. This is a medium bright bubblegum pink with bluish undertones. I love hot pink lipsticks, so it doesn't come as a surprise that this was one of my first choice shades. It is a lot creamier and glides on smoother than some of the original Soft Mattes, but there is still a bit of patchiness and there are some parts that don't cover my whole lip, so I have to go back and pat those with the applicator. I have to say that this shade is much better than Addis Ababa (another hot pink shade), you never EVER hear me talk about that shade because it was too freaking dry and patchy and one of the worst shades among the Soft Mattes for that reason. So Paris is an improved version.

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Manila
Manila

I had to get Manila for obvious reasons...I was born in Pasay City! (one of the cities among the Metro Manila area). This is a light coral, bright enough to remind me of the tropics of the Philippines. I wasn't too hot about it at first because it did look weird on my skin tone. But I grew to like it the more I tried it on. It reminds me of the Too Faced Melted liquid lipsticks in Coral and Melon. It photographs better and shows up more as pink whereas in person it is more orange-y. But this is a fun summer shade, and I feel that those with fair skin can easily pull it off. This one is on the patchier side.

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Dubai
Dubai

I have to say that I was really impressed with Dubai. I usually do not do well with neutral/nude/brown-ish lipstick shades. But this gorgeous medium brown seems beige under cloudy natural light (it was cloudy when I took these photos) but under the sun (and once it dries completely down) it appears darker. This shade pleasantly surprised me a lot, and goes on so so smooth.

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Budapest
Budapest

Out of all of the shades, Budapest is my absolute favorite. I like to call this rich deep mauve shade love at first swipe! I was so so lucky when I went to Ulta, at the time (late December) they only released half of the new shades. I was bummed because I only saw Budapest as a tester, but someone dumped a tube of it (still new in its plastic glory) in another aisle, so I snatched it. This is the shade I've been wearing the most. It is the perfect fall shade, but I don't care, I will wear this baby all year. Out of all of the shades, this one also glides on the softest on me.

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Madrid
Madrid

This sexy deep red shade, Madrid, feels like a dupe for MAC's Russian Red. I wish it was darker, but I do like how it looks on me. It is similar to Monte Carlo. Again, here goes the patchiness issue :( but part of it is because I've been suffering from dry lips and have been struggling to paint my inner bottom lip as it fades away.

Of all of these shades, my favorites are Paris, Dubai and Budapest. I am hoping to get Berlin soon, which is a warmer version of Budapest.

Do you have any of the new Soft Matte Lip Creams? Which of those (or the originals) are your favorite?

And for fun...which of the cities (based on the Soft Mattes) have you visited? I have been to Paris, Rome, Manila, Zurich, and Vancouver. My mom has been to all of those cities (in addition to Madrid, London, and Seoul—she was a flight attendant in the 80s). I really would love to go to Madrid, London, Tokyo, Amsterdam, Cannes, Prague, Athens, and Sydney.


22 comments :

  1. Budapest is gorgeous! I'm a proud owner of Transylvania and San Paulo from the original colours, but I'm desperate to try the new ones! Great post! x

    http://whiteshirtchic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Budapest is my favorite of the bunch! I have Sao Paulo but I prefer Prague for the pinks, and definitely check out the new ones...you win't regret it!

      Delete
  2. Gosh, these colours look absolutely beautiful on you! I'd love to try Budapest and Dubai - gorgeous shades! x

    Viva Epernay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! They are both my favorites!

      Delete
  3. Very pretty shades
    My favorite's Budapest :)
    Follow for follow?

    Kisses
    x Isabelle | Outfit Van De Dag
    Facebook Page *Click*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks, can't go wrong with Budapest!

      Delete
  4. Back from my blogging break, and just about to catch up on all your lovely posts, darling! I missed your blog lots! <3 x x This is such a fab review, I've heard so many amazing things about the NYX lip creams but have yet to try them! I think that Madrid (you are right, it is very similar to Russian Red!), and Manila are my favourites on you, although all the shades are equally gorgeous and very interesting! I'll be sure to check this range out, thanks for sharing! <3 Hope you're well. :)

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I'm glad to see you blogging again! It is nice to take a break once in a while especially in order to avoid burnout. I took a lot of breaks during my last semester of school last year and because it was just too crazy. Yes I love Madrid too, but if it wasn't as patchy it would be up there among my favorites. Please check them out and do a review, I would love to read your perspective! I hope all is well in your life too!

      Delete
  5. I only have one, which is Ibiza, however I want to get a few more. Budapest and Madrid are the prettiest! Dubai would be my least favourite but it suits you!

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Ibiza, but it's too light for my skin tone, so I prefer Prague for the pinks :) yes can't go wrong with Budapest, and I think Dubai would look good on you!

      Delete
  6. I love NYX liquid Lipsticks, and I think after reading this post, I may have added a few more to my list ♥

    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've tried their glossy butters but I really want to give the matte ones a go next. Think i'll try Manila, it's looks like such a fun, Summer shade.

    Roxie | The Beautiful Bluebird

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think you would like Manila, and it also reminds me of MAC's Vegas Volt. NYX also has Intense Butter Glosses, with the really glossy, liquidy formula but punchy opaque color like the mattes.

      Delete
  8. I haven't tried any of the Soft Matte Lip Creams, but I'd love to!
    Out of all those places, I've only been to Copenhagen, Ibiza, London, Paris and Rome.
    http://carolinapage.eu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you should totally try them and do a review!

      I would love to go to London. You haven't been to Milan? I would love to go there.

      Delete
  9. The post is fantastic! I love it so much!:)
    Have a nice day!

    www.theprintedsea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you and I hope you have a wonderful day too!

      Delete
  10. Love these shades, I'm eyeing Paris and Mandrid! They look gorgeous!! :)

    xoxo
    http://mybeautymusings.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Budapest or berlin: which one is deep warm pinkish brown mauve??

    ReplyDelete