Murad Clarifying Mask


For the past few months, I've been forgoing massages in favor of facials at Massage Envy. Don't get me wrong, I love massages too, but there's something about having a clean face, and getting rid of the gunk and buildup that makes me go back for more. Massage Envy sells only Murad products for skincare. Though my skin is on the normal/dry side, I kinda get breakouts around my nose. That's where my esthetician recommended the Murad Clarifying Mask ($38 for 2.65 fl oz).

It is highly recommended for oily/combo skin types, but I enjoy treating my whole face with this on a weekly basis (even though the esthetician said that I only needed it on my nose). I especially love it after a day of heavy makeup to give my skin a nice treat and prevent dirt building up and clogging my pores. Here are the ingredients: 

Water, Kaolin, Bentonite, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Zinc Oxide, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, Cetyl Alcohol, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Salicylic Acid, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Grape Seed Extract, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Allantoin, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Camphor, Geraniol *, Limonene *, Linalool *, Lavender Oil. *Allergen.

Kaolin clay is the main ingredient here (after water). You may have heard of kaolin clay, as it is in an abundance of skincare products. It is also known as White China clay, made from the mineral kaolinite. It is also used to treat diarrhea, make ceramic sculptures, produce paper, and make toothpaste. But for the sake of this post, I will talk about the benefits of kaolin for your skin:


  • Soothes sensitive skin
  • Prevents and minimizes breakouts
  • Draws out impurities and acts as an exfoliator
  • Helps blood circulation


Who wouldn't want that for their skin?! Also, notice that one of the other ingredients is salicylic acid, which is also known as a pore killer.

Sure, it doesn't have cutesy packaging with sweet, luscious scents, but it works to make your skin clean and clear (unlike the Clean and Clear brand...no pun intended). Once a week, I like to use this across my face and leave it on for 10 minutes. After washing off, I spray the Murad Hydrating Toner and pat with cotton balls, before applying my serum and moisturizer.

Yes, it's quite pricey (like many masks), but the amount in the bottle will last a year or two. This is still filled to the brim for me.

Have you tried any Murad products?

13 comments :

  1. I have very oily skin with breakouts around the nose, also, so this sounds like a perfect product for me! I kind of like the simple, minimalistic packaging, also. :) x When skincare products have over the top, fancy and cute packaging, it kind of makes them appear less effective, if that makes sense? x I've never heard of this brand before but after reading your review, I'll deffo be checking it out, so thank you for sharing. x

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I think you would love this product! I understand how you might feel like cute packaging and branding=less effective, but I guess some people are more into the aesthetics than the actual product in itself. I am not sure if Murad sells to the UK, but definitely check them out if you can!

      Delete
  2. Very cool, I love it!! Have a nice day!
    LARA CROFT inspired outfit by NEWCHIC on my last post HERE!

    •♥• Mary María Style •♥•

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds lovely! I'm on the lookout for some new masks. Great review!
    xo Kiki
    http://colormekiki.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, thanks for posting! Hope you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  4. I've read great reviews about some Murad products, however I haven't tried any. Fancy packaging can be attractive but what's inside can be disappointing so we shouldn't let the packaging deceive us.

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Murad is founded by a doctor, so you know their products will be legit!

      Delete
  5. I've heard a lot about Murad products, and this one sounds great~! I love trying new masks <33

    http://alluringalyssbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try it! I love masks as well!

      Delete
  6. Looks like a good product!
    Dora www.BangsBang.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds pretty good overall, especially if you have sensitive skin. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete