Christmas tag


So it seems like I've been really getting into tags, huh? Well, they do remind me of the Xanga and Myspace surveys I used to do as a teen...but without the drama of my real-life peers. Plus, hello, it's Christmas, it's supposed to be fun, light-hearted and joyful! I got this tag from Wellemma. Feel free to copy and paste for your own blog!

Favourite Christmas movie? A Charlie Brown Christmas. I love the soundtrack! I also watch A Christmas Story. "You'll shoot your eye out kid!"

Do you open your Christmas presents in the morning or afternoon? My family and I open them on midnight of Christmas. They have always told me it was a Filipino tradition, but I think it's because 80–90% of Filipinos are Catholic so they have a Christmas Eve dinner and go to Midnight Mass. Since my family and I are not Catholic, we have Christmas Eve dinner and wait until midnight to open presents.

Do you have a favourite Christmas memory? My recent favorite Christmas memories include going to SF with Cecilio a week before and strolling around Union Square, and sitting down while sipping coffee and hot cocoa and admiring the huge Christmas tree. I want to get us to go ice skating so bad but he doesn't want it. Anyway, we walk around the shops, and then we go to Macy's (which is 5 stories high!) Then we eat at a nice restaurant for dinner. In 2013, we went to the Cliff House, a seafood restaurant on a...you guessed it, a cliff, overlooking Ocean Beach. Last year, we went to Bistro Aix, a French/New-American inspired restaurant in the Marina area.

Favourite festive food? Oh my gosh, anything minty! Tis the season for Ghirardelli peppermint bark holiday squares, which I have right now downstairs! I also ordered peppermint creams from See's Candie's for my sister's adult day program for a fundraiser...gone in 3 days.

Favourite Christmas gift? Ooh...that's a tough one. I remember when I was 7, my parents gave me a hamster. I named it Meatball, but they gave it away within a few months (I really didn't want them to) because I guess no one really took care of it (I was 7 and irresponsible), it stunk up the whole house and bit me and I cried. It was my first "mammal" pet (I usually had fish and parakeets) Now I have 2 crazy dogs that do stink from time to time, and Flora play bites me at times (and they can be hard too!), so I take care of them and love them to death <3

Favourite Christmas scent? Right now I LOVE Bath and Body Works Twisted Peppermint lotion. It smells like the peppermint chocolates I love, and it doesn't smell like much in the bottle, but when you slather it on, I guarantee it's STRONG, just how I like it! It has peppermint, sugared snow (how is that possible?), vanilla buttercream, fresh balsam and hint of musk.

Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions? Like I said, we have Christmas Eve dinner and open presents around midnight. The next day, I usually spend time with Cecilio and his family.

What tops your tree? Nothing this year. We usually have a star or angel though. It's funny because every time it's time to decorate the tree, I always recall a time when I was in 6th grade, and I threw a fit because my mom bought a ribbon as the tree topper, and it turned in a huge fight. "No one has a ribbon as a topper, I only see stars or angels!!" I would retort.

What's the best part of Christmas for you? Jesus' birthday, spending times with family and loved ones, and the fun traditions that come with it.

2 comments :

  1. I love reading Christmas tag posts and your one is definitely my favourite ♥

    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww poor meatball, I hope they found a safe place for it!

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete