My "no-makeup" makeup look.

makeup

"I like girls who don't wear any makeup."-Your average Joe Schmoe.

Oh, if only he realized that those models he sees in magazine ads, billboards, commercials, etc. sporting the "natural look" have had 10+ products in order to look that way. Primer, dewy foundation? Check. Translucent powder? Double check. In addition, dudes don't realize the skincare regimen required in order to have a good base to begin with, to feel even more glowing. Oh yeah, let's not forget, there's lighting and Photoshop.

But we're not here to impress guys. You know the saying,"I didn't own 72 MAC lipsticks to impress a douche who doesn't know the difference between Myth and Snob?" Yeah...I'm lucky that Cecilio has been so supportive of my makeup obsession even though it's been fairly new to him. New as in...I've always liked makeup but I started really getting serious about it for 3 years. So throughout the course of knowing him, I never wore a lot of makeup until recent years. And yes, he says he loves me without it, but I revel when he recognizes that I take time to doll myself up and he calls me beautiful. I'm just so so lucky he loves me regardless. I don't need to impress a bunch of guys when I have one I'm going to marry in 16 months.

Anyway, back to the topic of this post. Luckily, we're not models and our faces aren't going to be plastered all over media anytime soon. So we don't need a bajillion products to achieve that au naturale look going on. We can use however much or however little products we want for this look.

For me, sometimes I'm not in the mood for a bold lip, sparkly shadow or a strong contour, but I still want to look brightened up. So here's the products (most of which I have talked about in previous blog posts) I use for a no makeup, yet no fuss thing going on:

I love the coverage and flawless finish of foundation, but sometimes it feels high maintenance (with having to prime, use setting powder and spray, etc.) but on days where I want to look and feel radiant without trying too hard, I whip out the Neutrogena Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer (medium–tan). Seriously, I love this thing and have been using it on a regular basis. I even brought this with me on my trip to Hawaii in August, because I couldn't bear the thought of foundation melting off of my face. It has teeny specks of shimmer to give the glow. Best of all, it has SPF 30, which of course protects your skin. Win win!

Even though I love the pop of color powder blush gives, a natural look calls for cream blush to blend seamlessly with your skin. Which is why I love the Makeup Forever HD Blush (310–rosewood) and just use my fingers. Rather than rubbing around the apples of my cheeks, I prefer to add it on the line of my cheekbones for a more sculpted look. Then I use the Benefit Watts Up! highlighter above the blush and a bit on my nose, forehead and chin. I use it sparsely, first I pat it a little then lightly draw it. I don't want to use a heavy hand since there's a lot of shimmer and I want to have a more natural glow.

Now for the eyes, even though Cecilio gave me the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Express (and I love it), I opt for the Maybelline Brow Drama (deep brown) for some definition without too much drastic change. Seriously, the wand here makes it so easy to use. You're finished within less than a minute!  Then, since I won't wear eyeliner for a "no-makeup" makeup look, I rely on my lashes to "beautify" my eyes. Which is why the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara is been my holy grail mascara for the past few month. It adds serious volume and length that I haven't seen in other mascaras. Then, for my dark circles, I dab the wand from the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer (Ginger) and make it into a triangle shape, and I either use my fingers or brush. It doesn't cover everything though because I have a serious problem with my dark circles, because of poor sleep from my previous days at school and the side effects of some of my medications, but I need to work on that and get a good eye cream. If anyone has any recommendations, please comment below.

And finally for my lips, I rediscovered one of my NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams (Cannes), which a warm pinkish nude. I usually don't like light pinks, but this doesn't wash me out and gives me a feminine and natural pucker.

Here's the final look with all of the products I used:

natural makeup look

And finally, here are the most important tips for beauty inside and out (that I need to follow myself as well):
-Eat well
-Develop a good exercise routine and sweat those toxins away (I've been going back on my treadmill)
-SLEEP!
-Hydrate yourself with H2O
-Don't stress and enjoy life!

17 comments :

  1. This is such a gorgeous natural look! I really love your blush! :)
    Urban Obsessions // Vegan Food, Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so pretty and glowing! Glad to see you putting that tinted moisturizer to good use and found a drugstore product that works for you! I used to use Oil of Olay creams when I was younger and I know they have some brightening products. This past year I've been more picky with age and sensitive skin. Plus, Olay isn't always that cheap for a drugstore product when you think for a little more you find something you love and works. Currently I use H20 Plus Eye Oasis Moisture Replenishing Treatment on my eyes at night and it helps keep the puffiness down and costs $25 at Ulta (love using my points for discounts too!) Origins Ginzing Eye Cream is pretty good for brightening, I'm not sure why I haven't used again until I bought it recently in a package from Sephora. Hope you find something you like and that works! I'm playing with all products right now and my skin is crazy! It was time to change things up for the cool weather and find something that doesn't strip it and nourishes. Sorry for the ramble! I love "talking" makeup! If only I could get it together better on my blog, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! Lately I have been using my foundations again now that the weather is colder and I can get away with it...I should try that H20 treatment, it's not bad for how good it could be, I'm saving my points so I can get the new Tartelette palette when it comes out (right now, I only have $33 worth of points). Lol last year I kept abruptly changing my skincare products...first it was all the drugstore, then LUSH, then Korean products...changing all of a sudden kept breaking me out but I can see why people do it though, it's hard to pinpoint what is the root cause...I know, I would love to read more of your posts! Miss you!

      Delete
  3. That is a gorgeous natural look and one that I love. My no-makeup look is usually a touch of concealer, Benetint on the cheeks, eye liner, brow pencil, mascara and a nude lipstick.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I don't wear concealer except for my under eye area, but I know it's good coverage without going full out drama. Brows make such a huge difference too!

      Delete
  4. This is such a lovely, natural look! :) That cream blush especially looks absolutely gorgeous on you. <3 Personally, I've been with my boyfriend for over six years now, but I still love going full on with my makeup sometimes, even if I'm not doing anything fancy. :) I don't see wearing makeup as something you do to 'impress guys'. I wear it because I love it and it makes me feel better! By the way, I tagged you in my favourite bloggers post, hope that's okay! =) <3

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you so much for featuring me! You don't know how much I appreciate it!!! <3 *hugs*

      Delete
  5. Great post you have made some great points here. Made me smile. Gemma xx
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you absolutely love that blush!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kay from Shoes and Glitter mentioned your blog among her favorites and I decided to check it out. I'm so glad I did because I totally loved this post! :)
    I really like the pretty, natural glow the HD Blush gives you. Oh and that Too Faced mascara is my favorite too!
    http://carolinapage.eu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks for commenting! I do love the blush, it looks and feels very natural. Let me check out your page!

      Delete
  8. I really need to try this for my everyday college look! Great products!

    Ohdearmilk ✧・゜*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha the opening to this made me laugh, my boyfriend once said 'I love it when you wear no makeup like this' and I was like 'yeah, I'm wearing a ton of it' :') love the look of Watts Up and I've been wanting to try the Too Faced mascara for ages. I love the Nars concealer and use it every day :) xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, guys don't realize how much work it takes to look naturally flawless and not tired and uneven. I'm loving the NARS concealer, I can't wait to use it up till it empties!

      Delete
  10. You are right a lot of products go into looking natural. I love the products you are featuring. I love the Watts Up and Too Faced Mascara. Great Post.

    ReplyDelete