Mario Badescu Botanical Exfoliating Scrub


I understand how important exfoliating is as a part of your skincare regimen. But it's something I don't really do, probably because I've had bad luck with certain brands (St. Ives, Yes to Carrots), or bad technique such as exfoliating too hard, everyday, or changing ALL your skincare products all at once—happened when I had my first big LUSH haul, you can read about it here, but I didn't realize that my skin was reacting from using too many new products.

Although you don't exfoliate as much as you do cleanse, tone, moisturize, it's definitely a necessity to have to get rid of the dead skin cells and gives you a softer, more radiant, glowing look. There's so many exfoliators out on the market, whether you are looking to reduce acne include anti-aging properties.

I didn't want to scrimp on an exfoliating cleanser but I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg, so when I found out about the Mario Badescu Botanical Exfoliating Scrub, I happily picked it up at Ulta. It retails for $26 for 3.4 fluid oz.

It has that beady, grainy texture that people LOVE to feel on their skin (myself included) because it just feels amazing and makes you feel like you're getting rid of the dirt on your skin. However, the little beads are very tiny and you can't see it. It's all clear gel, baby.


This exfoliator claims to work on ALL skin types. I know that my skin looks and feels better after it, but I have dry skin so i'm not sure how it'll work for those with oily skin...because each individual, with our genetic make-up and unique DNA, is completely different.

The back description claims: "Banish dullness and reveal a smoother, more radiant complexion with our refreshing, deep-cleaning exfoliation scrub. The finely ground seeds of the Ecuadorian Ivory Palm provide effective yet gentle exfoliation to reove dead skin cells. Antioxidant-rich Ginger, Ginko and Green Tea Extracts are blended with moisturizing Coconut and Aloe, leaving behind softer, younger-looking skin."

So there you got it! I believe it does what it claims, even though I've only been using it once a week rather than the recommended 2–3 times (I'll build up to it, but if you have sensitive skin then once a week will suffice). And for the eco-conscious, it's paraben-free and cruelty-free!

It feels really cooling and refreshing. I look cooling skincare products for my skin. The little grains don't feel rough, unlike other exfoliating scrubs. As far as dislikes...I don't think there is anything I can think of to dislike about it. Yet. Crossing my fingers.

No comments :

Post a Comment