September Beauty Favorites.


It's been a struggling doing "low buys", I have to admit. I am conscious about not buying as much makeup...trust me, throughout this blog I've been kinda going a bit crazy, but as wedding planning is kicking gear, I'm trying not to...but I bought some skincare items (exfoliator) that I needed, and it cost me $26? October is going to be a VERY hard month resisting temptation of buying because of my birthday, and Ulta gives you twice the amount of points you get on your birth month. Plus, since I have been an Ulta member for a year, they gave me an offer to purchase anything for 5x the amount of points until this Saturday. The temptation is great, but I know I can do it!

I posted a piece here about rediscovering my old beauty stash, and I neglected my Makeup Forever HD Foundation (310-Rosewood) for a long time! I guess when spring and summer came, I was more interested in corals and juicy pinks. But I tried this on again and I love the natural flush that it gave me, no clown look here! Plus, I hit pan a few months ago. The hole is getting bigger and I'm only hoping to empty it out!

Lately, I've been a bit lazy to wear foundation because of all the work involved—primer, using a beauty blender or brush, then setting spray. Which is why I've been going crazy about the Neutrogena Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer (medium–tan). While you can use a brush if you want, I prefer to blend with my fingers. It gives me great coverage and a radiant glow while keeping things simple and clean. Plus, it has SPF 30! Just because summer is dwindling doesn't mean you should ignore your skin! Read my review about it here.

I'm not crazy about MAC Matte lipsticks as they're so drying, but the shade D for Danger is SO beautiful. It can be worn all year round, but it's deep pinkish berry is made for fall. However, it's totally appropriate to wear for spring too. I've been on the hunt for a deep berry shade and this is it! I also had a review here, haha.

Now, I know I've complained about Maybelline Baby Lips being too drying, but I decided to give them another chance. Especially Cherry Me. I absolutely love whiffing the sweet cherry smell, it makes me want to eat it. And it's tinted, but not too much so. It's very moisturizing!

Finally, I want to talk about the Naobay Oxygenating Cream. It's a very light moisturizer and smells so fresh. I got it in my September Ipsy Glambag. This will be my day moisturizer and whereas the LUSH skin drink will be used for night.  I may run out soon, but who cares? I'm enjoying it as much as possible!

What makeup, skincare, etc. have you been reaching for this month?

3 comments :

  1. Oh yes, those pesky sale emails and you're telling yourself but if I buy it now it is such a deal instead of paying full price later or not racking up points.... That dug me into a mess and I still wonder if I should just stop checking my email or block them. It also feels good to see it and say you did! You fought the urge to shop! I may have to give that Neutrogena tinted moisturizer a shot soon when my skin will definitely be thirsty and I get low on my foundations (I think I'm down to two choices now that I've passed some onto my mom). Thanks for showing it can be done and with a smaller budget!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remember how Ulta had a 21 day sale last month? I didn't buy anything from it, even though I wanted to! The Too Faced La Creme lipsticks and the Stila Convertible colors were half off, and those were the 2 things I really wanted but didn't get...but I got the Mario Badescu exfoliator, which is good for my skin and not a random impulse buy. Yes, I love that tinted moisturizer, although it is fun to use foundation once in a while. The Too Faced Born This Way Foundation is amazing for dry skin and has coconut water, but I also love the LOREAL True Match Lumi if you're on a budget.

      Delete
    2. I love the lumi too. It's been a while since I've used it but I will definitely keep in mind when the time comes! I've been wanting to try the Born This Way but I told myself if I don't then I won't be tempted to buy it. I came so close to buying YSL's new primer just because I used up the sample from Sephora... Those 21 days were rough! Lol it's good to have someone sharing the same reaction! I stockpiled the tarte mascara when it was on sale but I love that stuff!! I am a little bummed I didn't go ahead and buy the clarisonic heads because I will be needing a new one soon... But one splurge at a time!

      Delete