Neutrogena Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer



I love foundation, especially when it evens out my skin and gives me a dewy look. But let's face it, wearing foundation can be pretty high maintenance, especially with needing the essentials: skincare, primer, the beauty blender, etc. Sometimes you're in a hurry but you still want to look radiant. Sometimes you want to feel more natural girl-next-door rather than all glammed up (though I'm all for both!) And of course, though it's now fall, you still can't escape the heat and don't want to be bothered with a heavy layer of foundation. Which is why I'm currently digging the Neutrogena Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer (medium–tan 40).

I bought this at Target a few days before my Hawaii trip because I knew it was going to be humid there and I did not want to have my foundation sweat off my face. I almost went to Ulta and wanted to get the Smashbox BB Cream (which I used to have, has great coverage but feels light on the face), but I did not want to spend $39. Having the SPF of 30 is a bonus too. It is not sheer like the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB cream, but not as heavy as the MISSHA Perfect Cover BB Cream.

This retails at $12.49, so it's fairly expensive for the drugstore. But you get a lot out of it for it being 1.1 fluid oz.

They are not kidding when they said this was illuminating. There is teeny specks of shimmer to make you look radiant and glowing. Want proof of my arm?


Because this gives a dewy finish, I'm not sure that I would recommend it for oily skin types. My skin is dry (though oily on the nose, but that's another story). But if you still want to try it, maybe you can wear a mattifying primer before, and a translucent powder after?

When I started using it, I was afraid to use up too much because I didn't want to look too cakey or run out. But I squirted less a penny size, dabbed little by little all over my cheeks, nose, chin, and forehead and rubbed it with circular motions. That gives me just the perfect amount of coverage, enough to cover my tired skin and my redness. Here's a before and after!


The only dud about this product is the limited shades of range—there are only four available the one I am wearing is the darkest. The other ones are ivory–fair, fair–light, light–medium. So sorry to my darker skinned readers :(

This is definitely a holy grail product of mine, one that I have been using almost everyday. These days, I've been taking a more laid back approach to my beauty routine. I will use this until it empties. This is perfect for everyday wear! It will help you look more awake. This is a must for those with dry, normal or sensitive skin and suffer from red patches. It has been taking the place of my foundations and BB creams. But of course I won't ditch them.


2 comments :

  1. So nice...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on gfc
    Let me know follow you then back.
    bye :)


    http://beautybeybi.blogspot.com.tr/

    ReplyDelete