MAC D for Danger and Diva (plus, Diva's dupe!)

MAC lipstick boxes


MAC D for Danger, MAC Diva

Fall calls for deeper, warmer colors when it comes to fashion, food, and interiors. Makeup is no exception. It's time to trade in our pastels in favor of wine shades, which is why I ordered MAC lipsticks in D for Danger and Diva. Both are matte finish, so yes minimal shine. 

MAC Lipstick swatches
D for Danger (left), Diva (right)

D for Danger is a new shade added to the MAC The Matte Lip Collection 2015. It is similar to MAC's Heaux (an Amplified finish, described as "berry" on their website). To me, it is a deep pinkish-red berry. While I LOVE Fall (and how can I not?! My birthday is next month!) I can't seem to let go of my pink lipsticks and glosses that are suited for spring and summer. D for Danger is deep enough to carry into fall, but feminine enough for warmer months. It goes well with all skin tones and  outfits. I'm in love. This will be one of my signature fall lipsticks.

MAC D for Danger
MAC D for Danger

Diva is a very popular shade, and it's one that is a bit out of my comfort zone. I love red lipsticks, but I'm talking about the classic red shade, such as Ruby Woo or Russian Red (I have Russian Red). I saw photos of people wearing Diva, and I was afraid it was going to look vampy on me! Plus, I was debating between Diva and Rebel (another popular MAC fall shade, but a satin finish and more violet). Well, I'm so glad I got Diva! Though it's not a shade I would wear on a day to day basis, it is really flattering on my Hawaii tan skin tone. It may show up darker and more vampy in the winter when I am paler. It's got that 90s vibe going on, which is why it's so popular: something I can see Jane in Daria wearing (remember the 90s are making a comeback! Just like 80s trends and bright colors came back a decade ago)

Don't want to spend $17 on MAC Diva? Don't worry, I have a GREAT alternative: Maybelline in "Divine Wine" from the Creamy Mattes collection! For only $7! My heart is pitter-pattering over this shade! I dare to say...I may like this version even better! It is softer and creamier than some of my Maybelline Creamy Mattes, and of course more comfortable than MAC matte lipsticks, which can tug on my lips. A slight difference is that Divine Wine is more reddish and warm, and Diva has more blueish tones.

MAC Diva Maybelline Divine Wine

Maybelline MAC Swatches
Maybelline's Divine Wine (top), MAC's Diva (bottom)

Do you have any signature wine/berry/deep red lipstick shades are you excited to try for the season?

2 comments :

  1. both so pretty :)

    http://villemo20.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really like diva! my friend recommended it i might buy it now thanks x

    ReplyDelete