August Favorites!

Instead of slapping up a bunch of pictures from the internet to showcase some of my monthly favorites, I will be taking my own pictures, so make it more interesting and showcase a bit of character. I've been careful about not buying as much makeup, and I think it's been helping (except for paying a hefty dental cleaning bill, and totally not looking forward to my root canal on Wednesday):


1. Too Faced Born This Way Foundation (Honey): I was a bit hesitant to try this because I already have the MUFE HD Foundation, and I had bad luck with Too Faced Amazing Face Powder Foundation...it broke me out, and made me look cakey...but comparing liquid and powder foundations are like apples and oranges! (Though I really liked Benefit's Hello Flawless! powder foundation). Anyway, the Born This Way Foundation is amazing!!  It has coconut water, and it's a medium–full coverage (one pump is really all I need), and perfect for dry skin types like mine. I'm really happy I bought this.

2. Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara: Like I always say, I'm not a huge mascara wearer. I always thought of it as an afterthought. But this changed my game. It's thickening, lengthening, AND curling. It's everything I could ever want. No wonder Gigi Gorgeous calls this her other lover. I've felt meh about some drugstore and even higher end foundations. This is my absolute new holy grail mascara, and I have it in my purse.

3. Becca x Jaclyn Hill highlighter (Champagne Pop): I wrote the review about it here, and I love this highlighter. I believe it suites all skin tones, and the rose gold shimmer makes me look like I baked in the sun (which I kinda did in Hawaii, lol)

4. Mongogo Lip Conditioner (Vanilla Coconut Cream): I have a lot of lip balms, but I find myself reaching for this pretty often, probably because it's so smooth and not waxy like other balms and because of the sweet smell. It's legit organic–USDA certified with no parabens, petroleum, or anything artificial.

5. Urban Decay Matte Revolution Lipstick (Temper): Before we went to Hawaii, my mom and I stopped at Ulta since she had a big haul for herself, and I was going to pay for this lipstick myself after watching it...but she offered to pay for it! Thanks Mom! I've been wearing this a lot in Hawaii, and I think it really goes well with my new beach tan. I don't care if summer's almost over, I can still see myself wearing this orange-red shade all year.



No comments :

Post a Comment