Wishlist Wednesday: NARS edition.



I remember buying my first NARS product last year at the Sephora in JC Penny. I was looking for a cream contour stick before I went on my trip to Hawaii last year. The saleslady pointed me over to the Matte Multiple in Vientiane. While I did love the pigmentation, I felt like every time I used it, it broke me out. Plus, I felt like it was a little too warm-toned for the shadowed, sculpted contour.

Fast forward to this year. I bought the Orgasm blush, but I returned it (despite it being a holy grail) because it hardly showed up on my skin. Then in May, I bought my first Audacious lipstick in Jane (you can read my review about it here) and even though it was in impulse buy, it was love at first swipe. #sorrynotsorry but it's worth the $32. The shade flatters my skin tone without being too loud, it is between a soft coral and a nude that makes it perfect for everyday wear. I also eventually bought the "Audrey" shade.

I am falling more in love with this brand. The packaging and thin typeface logos remind me of a step up from MAC (one of my other favorite higher end brands), but the products are top notch. My wallet is crying right now. But these are the following items I'm currently lusting over (as much as I love drugstore and MAC, I should stop impulse buying from them to save up for these items):

1. Audacious lipsticks (Michiyo and Jeanne): The Audicious lipsticks were what made me fall in love with NARS. These are richly pigmented in one swipe, long-lasting and creamy. They feel so amazing and comfortable on the lips. Who would've known you could get all of those in one tube?  Not just that, I think it's cool how the packaging is a magnetic cap. They are the best lipsticks I have ever had, but obviously they come with a steep price. At first, I tried the shade Jeanne (cherry red) and while I loved it, I figured I would get it another time. Michiyo, a bright shocking pink, is another shade I am absolutely craving for.

2. Sheer Glow foundation (Stromboli): I've heard mostly great things about this foundation. I've heard it's weightless and give the natural look, with a satin finish (my favorite finish). Sephora describes it as suitable for normal-to-dry, dry, and very dry skin types, but based on the reviews it seems to work for the oily skinned people too. I would also buy the pump so that I can get just the right amount. Based on Findnation, since I wear C4 from MAC's Face and Body and 128 from MUFE's HD, Stromboli was the shade suited for me.

3. Restorative Night Treatment: I did get this as a Nordstrom sample, and oh my does my skin feel smooth the morning after. I just wish I didn't lose it, because this thing cost $85. It hydrates and softens the skin to reduce the appearance of fine lines and pores. As I am growing older (I'm still young though!) I want to be more aware of the products out there that help me slow the aging process...providing that I do other things too, like eat healthy and exercise. This is just icing on the cake.

4. Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer (St. Mortiz): On days (like right now) where I don't want to wear foundation and don't need a lot of coverage, this would great to have to give my face some life and moisture. It has an SPF of 30. I would love to compare this to the Smashbox BB Cream (which I emptied out) because that was one of my favorite higher end products.

5. ITA Brush: I kinda have mixed feelings about this, because I heard some amazing reviews about it, and the shape is perfect for contouring. But I also heard that the brush hairs fall off. Nevertheless, I would love to try this sometime.

6. Radiant Creamy Concealer (Biscuit): I've also heard amazing things about this concealer. I usually wear the Maybelline Master Prime Concealer for under eye circles and spots, but I am curious about this, as I heard it's long lasting and doesn't crease. I don't wear a lot of concealer because I have had bad experience with a few of them not giving enough coverage.



2 comments :

  1. I cannot argue with you on the lipsticks; they're what I would want to splurge on! I've tried the foundation and ended up returning it. It didn't do well for me in the heat and humidity but it definitely did have a satin finish. I would use it for special occasions when you know you're not going to sweat! I have yet to try the radiant creamy concealer... that was one I always had on my loves list at Sephora. I splurged on the MUFE concealer instead, that is a heavy duty concealer that won't budge I will tell you! It costs more, so I find myself reaching for others to use up first. I'm happy with my MAC Pro Longwear concealer and find it reasonable for the color payoff! Have you tried the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer? I was shocked how well it worked and would have never except I think watching an old Lustre Lux Youtube video convinced me to try it. I use the medium shade first to hide dark circles then go back later with the light shade to hi light.

    Oh I love your makeup posts! :-) I ramble, sorry!

    ReplyDelete