Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lipsticks (Clay Crush and Nude Nuance)




When I first learned that Maybelline released 10 new shades for their Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lipsticks line, I was thrilled. I found out through Nouveau Cheap (where I find out all of the up and coming beauty products and sales. I also follow trendmood1 on Instagram). The swatches of the new and old shades are here. The shades that piqued my interest the most were the nude shades, Clay Crush and Nude Nuance. I got lucky with Clay Crush the first time I was searching for it, because it was the last one in stock at Rite-Aid. Nude Nuance, not so much. They had 1 of it left at Walmart last week, but the lipstick was already used and smashed (gross!) They ran out at Target, and didn't have it in stock at Walgreens. Then I was looking for it at Walmart this morning and I got lucky again! Woo-hoo!

Let me tell you, these shades are the answer to the tan skinned girls' prayers in search of a nude lipstick.

With my skin tone, I have a hard time finding a nude lipstick I wow over and flatters my skin tone. They either are too light and make me look washed out or they hardly show up on my dark-ish lips.

Clay Crush (#656) is a warm-toned peach, great for an everyday color. Even though it is fairly on the light side, it's not so much that it makes me look ghostly. And Nude Nuance (#657) is not to be confused with Nude Nuances (#865), a baby pink shade in their limited edition Color Sensational Porcelains line (which was only available in 2012).

I am really happy with the Nude Nuance shade because it's actually medium reddish-brown, but not too dark. If you're medium/dark-skinned, this is perfect! I am always on the search for a nude lipstick to not only flatter my skin tone but to share with my readers what I have found. Nude Nuance is definitely a fall color (but I don't care, I'm wearing it all season long) and has that 90s vibe. In fact, I am a bit shocked to see that it's slightly darker than Touch of Spice!



Have you bought any of the new shades from Maybelline's Color Sensational Creamy Matte line? Which one appeals to you the most? Please feel free to comment, and let me know what your favorite overall nude lipstick is!


1 comment :

  1. Gosh i love both of those lipsticks - I can't choose. They both look classy and I love the gold.

    www.hettyashasiabee.com

    ReplyDelete