In Honor of National Lipstick Day: My Current Favorites



Lipstick is one of my absolute favorite makeup products...I feel naked without some sort of color on my puckers. Whether I'm in a bright colorful mood, or want some subdued drama for the fall and winter, or fill them in with nudes, I'm all game. It ties in the whole makeup routine. The majority of my product reviews in this blog are about lipsticks and lip glosses.

I'm kinda embarrassed to admit, that I can't really count how many lipsticks I have, and I still have a wishlist on my head (Kat Von D liquid lipsticks, anyone?). My family and friends know I love makeup, so I might as well own it and not hide it. I, as a beauty blogger would be remiss if I didn't post about my favorite ones, the ones I have been using the most. (I think there should be a National Lip Gloss Day, I've been getting into glosses again! I'm turning 26 in a few months but I believe you're never too old for them!)


My favorites:

NARS Audacious (Jane): A soft coral. Perfect if you want an orange but not too loud, and still want to stay in your comfort zone and use for everyday.

Wet n Wild (Spiked with Rum): Reddish-brown, perfect for medium–tan skinned tones. This is a must for the fall. I would say this is a dupe of MAC Retro, only it's a teeny tad bit darker and is a matte finish (but feels comfortable). I can't wait for the fall so I can wear this everyday!

MAC (Retro): A tad bit lighter than Spiked with Rum, but also a gorgeous fall shade. Perfect for everyday, but you can also wear it for special occasions. I wore this shade for my college graduation ceremony to add some color without drawing attention to myself. The MAC website describes this as a muted pinky-peach brown.

Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick (Berlin): Sephora describes this as a warm rose, but I think it's much brighter than that. It shows up as a bright pinkish-coral on my lips. I love wearing this for spring and summer. It's funny, I first got Lolita (The most popular on my shade) and then I realized how much I didn't like it at all, then I exchanged it for Berlin and could't be happier! This is extremely matte and drying, so watch out.

Too Faced Melted (Jelly Donut): This is a bright, warm pink, and it's wearable for all skin tones. This is the shade I was wearing when Cecilio proposed to me, so this will always have a special place in my heart. But yeah, this is one of my absolute favorites among the Melted liquid lipsticks.

NYX Soft Matte (Prague): This is a blue-toned dark fuchsia. I like wearing this for all seasons, it's pink and girly enough for the spring and dark enough for the fall.

NYX Butter (Big Cherry): This is my first NYX product. It's a fun bright red that is wearable even on casual days. It is not as dramatic as other shades. So for those who are afraid of red lipstick, give this one a go! My older sister even bought her own shade after borrowing it a few times in Hawaii last year! This gives a pop of color without feeling uncomfortable.

NYX Soft Matte (Monte Carlo): I always get lots of compliments wearing this dark red shade. I've noticed that a lot of the Soft Matte Lip Creams are pretty patchy and dry, but this one has a good color payoff and spreads across the lips easily.

Too Faced Melted (Berry): This is a versatile shade. It shows up as reddish violet on lighter skin, but for me it's more maroon. I know I can't wait till fall and winter to start wearing this again.

Also, here are some reviews for most of the lipsticks I have featured here:

How are you guys going to celebrate National Lipstick Day? What are your favorite lipsticks ever?



No comments :

Post a Comment