NARS Audacious Lipstick (Jane)



I said I would minimize my makeup (at least high end makeup) spending. I was wrong. It was love at first swipe.

It all started on Wednesday evening when I went to the mall to go to BJs (there was a banquet for the fashion club I am/was a part of). It ended quickly so I decided to window shop at Sephora. Oh boy, Sephora is a dangerous place for beauty bloggers and addicts! The NARS Audacious lipsticks came out last fall and I heard nothing but praise about them. I can see why.

At first, I tried the shade "Jeanne", which is describe as cherry red in Sephora. It is a tad darker than that on my lips, and I actually do like it a lot, but I will save it for fall. So then I tried Jane.

You know how when you test something at the makeup counter and you fall head over heels, in an "OK, I absolutely have to have it" kind of way?! That's how I felt about Jane. Yes, these babies cost $32, and it is the most expensive lipstick I have ever purchased. Do I regret it? NOPE. I have lipsticks that I feel "meh" about or where I try to convince myself to love it. And then I end up not using them as much. Such as a few MAC ones, and those aren't cheap either. But not Jane. I can see her on my lips on a day to day basis.

Ok so lets talk about the packaging. The lipsticks have a magnetic packaging? Isn't that cool? I've seen that on eyeshadow palettes but not lipsticks. The black tube feels luxurious, and I always like when  a lipstick has their logo engraved on it.

The formula is satin–matte but no way near drying. I have MAC and Too Faced Melted lipsticks and those are way more drying. The Audacious lipsticks are described on the NARS website as  "Single-stroke coverage so shamelessly seductive in touch and texture the sensation is audacious". It was true! There is so much pigment in one swipe. I have other lipsticks that I have to apply twice to get the pigment I desire. Also, these are creamy but don't transfer or smudge easily.

Jane is described as "terra-cotta rose" and is a shade I have been looking for for a long time. I thought I had it with Wet n Wild (Just Peachy), NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream (Cannes or Zurich) or even MAC (Mocha). No. Jane is exactly what I was looking for. Something in between nude and soft coral. This is flattering on almost all skin tones. I am always on the hunt for a light subtle color that will still show up on my lips. She is it. She shows up as light coral, but not too crazy orange.




This is a lipstick that you can also wear all year round.

I am more than impressed with these. In fact, I quite regret buying a few other lipsticks (such as the MAC or Too Faced ones) that I am not too hot about, when I could've bought fewer of the Audacious lipsticks that are perfect for my skin tone and don't dry out my lips as much. I got my eye on Jeanne, Audrey, Leslie, and Fanny. I guess that means less impulse buys elsewhere (although this is the one impulse buy I absolutely did not regret) to save up for those girls.

1 comment :

  1. I do love the staying power, the pigmentation, and that this is not over drying.. I sent it back though, to try to cut my impulsive buying because I was satisfied enough with my Maybelline knock off. Jane is gorgeous though! It's definitely worth the splurge for someone to wear over and over! I wish I had tried it before all the other buys, I would have kept it!

    It is definitely your color! :-) That top you have on is cute too!

    ReplyDelete