April Favorites



Well, April has been the month I have posted the least in a while, but that doesn't mean I haven't been completely out of the loop with blogging! It's just that I've been so busy with school that I haven't been able to do as much reviews as I would've wanted. And of course, last day of the month always calls for a monthly favorites...

1. Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream (#27): I have been using this lately because it actually provides more coverage than some foundations, and it gives me skin a satin, glowy finish. Korean BB creams (where they originally popularized before they took a hit in the US!) have multiple properties: they are a primer, foundation, concealer and sunscreen all in one. This saves me more time rather than using a primer and then a setting spray, and still makes me look natural. Also, it as a SPF 42! Perfect as the weather is heating up!

2. Seattle Chocolates: My mom and younger sister took a trip to Seattle last week along with one of my mom's former flight attendant friends. Wow, did they have fun! I've been to Seattle only 3 times but that was only to get from the airport to and from Vancouver, Canada where my relatives live. Well, last time we were there in 2012 (on our way back to Sacramento) my mom, sister and her friends ate at a restaurant while Cecilio and I explored downtown, the Pike Place Market and found the original Starbucks. Anyway, my mom and Sarah (younger sister) got to meet up with our relatives and they took a ferry, went to the Space Needle, ate at Canlis (a famous 5 star restaurant), went to concert and walked around a bunch. And they brought me back with these chocolates. I pretty much ate more than half of them because they were that delicious, and came in different flavors (my favorite mint, also espresso, peanut butter, coconut macaroon, strawberry/raspberry/blackberry cream, etc.). Also I am on my "cycle" right now if you know what I mean. Cecilio and I definitely want to explore Seattle because it reminds us of San Francisco (where we go on dates a lot) and Portland.

3. Grace Coffee Roasters: This is a local coffee shop that opened up in Elk Grove where I live. Our suburb has mostly Starbucks on every corner, so it's nice that they opened up a non-chain one that I can go to for a change. There's 2 locations here and 1 location in Downtown Sacramento. The logo and the interiors are very cute and kitschy, with a strong aroma of coffee (which I love). I've been digging the iced mochas, especially because it's in the 80s ad 90s right now!

4. Colourpop Blush (Fruit Stand): I've recently jumped on the Colourpop bandwagon and this is the blush I have been using lately. It's a reddish orange but you can sheer it out as you distribute it on your face. This is a perfect summer blush. I do love the texture because it's very soft and creamy...it's powder/gel formula. I totally want to get more Colourpop blushes such as Quarters, Pegacorn, Cheerio and Swift. Click here for my hauls.

5. Coastal Scents Revealed 2 Palette: I've only used this once but I fell in love with it when I got my first Boxycharm box. It is a dupe of the Urban Decay Naked 3 (which I have) but I can see myself using this more because there's a lot more colors to play with. I am digging the gold/violet combos. And it's half the price! I like how it's much sleeker and easier to open (I have a tough time with the Naked palettes and I fear that they will break if I'm careless). The only thing is that there is no mirror or brush, but you can't have everything right?

6. Too Faced Sugar Pop Palette: I admit, I did buy this for the packaging (I love macarons!), this has been a staple of mine. It's small and portable, just perfect for traveling. I have to stop myself from smelling it because unlike the Chocolate Bar Palettes, there are no scents. Read my review here

Also, I want to give a shoutout to my sister, Trixie because it's her birthday today! She is on the right. She is 39 years old (yeah, I know most of you probably don't believe that), so we have a 13 year age difference between us. It's amazing with how far she has came because like me, she has lupus. She was diagnosed when she was 24 and I was 10, after she had my niece. Hers is more severe and her doctors said she would only live until 28. She also has pulmonary hypertension and scleroderma, so she takes a lot more medications and has to be in the hospital more than I do. But thank God and the doctors she is still here. We are still pulling through.


Also, she and a family friend (who is 12 years old!) put together this video for Cecilio and I for our engagement party on April 12. It was so sweet. Honestly, I kinda struggled with getting all of the attention during that party because I am pretty shy, and there is going to be a lot of people at the wedding...and I am still self conscious about my weight because I'm still on prednisone (the above pic was taken during the engagement party). But ever since Cecilio has proposed I've had a better self image. I still want to lose weight and be able to rock the wedding dress of my dreams, and I also want to live a long, prosperous life with Cecilio. So I must remember that no one is looking at my chubbiness the way I am right now, they are all there to celebrate our love for each other. And that is why they will be in the wedding too. Thankfully the wedding will be in 2 years so I will have more time to mentally prepare for being the center of attention. Anyway, I tear up whenever I watch the video because of the pictures from our past, a few of which my dad are in. If only he was here to witness it. The song playing is "Wherever We Imagine" by James Ingram. I love the song because it's fitting to how I am feeling about the whole being engaged thing, and I just have a thing for 80s ballads. So here it is and enjoy!


No comments :

Post a Comment