Too Faced Goodies: Melted Chihuahua and Sugar Pop Palette



I can never resist Too Faced products huh? They always have delicious, adorable, sickenly-sweet packaging that always tempts makeup addicts. I'm also a huge fan of macarons, so when I saw the packaging of this, I couldn't resist. I ordered it (along with the Melted Chihuahua liquid lipstick) at Ulta online.


Isn't this packaging adorable?! It's also small enough to fit in the palm of my hand...sorta. It came out as a part of the Spring 2015 collection on March 1, along with the Natural Matte Palette. Both are $36. I have to stop sniffing it the way I sniff the Chocolate Bar Palettes because yes, this is sweet-inspired based product but unfortunately, there is no scent. It comes with a guide that corresponds with each row of the palette. Yet of course, you can easily mix and match the shades.

Swatches (top to bottom): Rock Candy, Macaron, Malted Milk Ball, Strawberry Ice, Sugared Violet, Blackberry, Peach Fuzz, Bubblegum, Blue Raspberry.

So this palette has a mix of shimmery and matte textures. The lighter shades (used as a highlight and/or base) Rock Candy, Strawberry Ice, and Peach Fuzz come in bigger pans. They are actually all pretty pigmented except for Blue Raspberry (I know this because I wore it yesterday and I put a lot on the brush to my eyes, and even used MAC Fix+ spray and it still wasn't as pigmented). The Bubblegum shade though is super bright and pigmented!

This is definitely a fun, cute palette for spring and summer, and the size makes it easy for traveling. Now I am tempted to get the Natural Matte Palette.

Now, about the Melted Chihuahua liquid lipstick. It is also a part of the 8 new Melted liquid lipstick shades that came out for Spring 2015. I've been eyeing it ever since I got my license back at my local Ulta and Sephora stores. They would always sell out even during Ulta's shipment days on Friday. I remember how disappointed I got during my last Ulta trip before I went to NYC. I really, really wanted it but it wasn't there. I even tried the Melted Nude and while I thought it looked ok, I wasn't crazy about it. I didn't want to settle! Melted Nude, Peony and Marshmallow make me look too washed out. 

So I ordered it along with the Sugar Pop Palette. I'm so happy I did. It is a darker nude shade that looks gorgeous on almost any skin tones. I can see why it's so popular. As an ethnic woman, it is hard to find a nude lipstick that flatters my skin tone. I can definitely see it as an everyday lipstick or something you wear during a night out when you want to emphasize your smoky eyes.

Now I wore both products on my face here:

Lid: Bubblegum and Macaron
Highlight: Rock Candy
Crease: Blackberry

If you like cute packaging and want a fun palette for spring and summer, I definitely recommend the Sugar Pop Palette! Don't be afraid to experiment and have fun with it too. The Melted Chihuahua is also a good choice if you feel like Melted Nude would be too light for you.

No comments :

Post a Comment