My first Boxycharm: April 2015 Review

Once upon a time (Between September–December of last year), I subscribed to Birchbox and ipsy, but I eventually cancelled because I was not happy with the stuff I was getting and I hardly used them. Most of it was sample sized anyway. My best friend came over for my engagement party and she gave me a few gifts with a glossybox box in them, although they weren't from glossybox. She said she liked them a lot because they gave you full sizes of products. She subscribed to it for a year and a half. I was intrigued, but I decided to go with Boxycharm instead.

How does Boxycharm work? You subscribe for a monthly fee of $21 (same price as glossy box). Yes, it's twice as expensive as Birchbox but they give you full samples of higher end makeup. You earn "charms" by referring through a friend (500 charms) or reviewing a product on their website (50 charms). They have some pretty luxurious brands in their shop too, such as Tarte and NARS.

This months theme is "April Bloom".

Here's my first ever box. Isn't the logo cute?


The items in the April 2015 box.

Let's start off with the Jing Ai Velvet Lip Shine Jewel. The shade I got was "Red Rascal". It is a lip crayon that is glossy and moisturizing, but also packs a punch of bright red. It's kind of a stain.


I'm not wearing any other makeup besides this.

I also got the Hello by Harvey Prince Roller Ball eau de parfume. It is in a rollerball format, and at first I thought it was too light! So I swiped it on my wrist 3 times in order to get the scent. It's still light, but fruity. After all, it's made with notes of meyer lemon, white grapefruit and satsuma mandarin.


I also got the Coolway Smoothing Lotion for hair which I think would be really good for me because right now I have damaged hair. I've been struggling with tangles and split ends, so that also means I'm going to take a trip to the salon to get a trim tomorrow. Also, Coolway gave me a coupon for 35% off items + a free brush with the code "boxyforyou". I can't wait to try this.


Then here is the Ofra Blush Stripes in "Illuminating". These are different shades of highlighter, although you can use the pink one for blush too and the gold for bronzer. I'm not sure if it's meant to be a highlighting item to go with contouring, but if you used it as that let me know.



And last but not least, my favorite item is the Coastal Scents Revealed 2 Palette. People say that they are dupes of the Urban Decay Naked Palettes, and this one does remind me of the Naked 3. But it's a lot sleeker and easier to open (the magnetic way), AND there are 20 shades! I am particularly excited about the violet shade on the bottom 4th to right, and I can't wait to use it as a crease. Did I mention that these are pigmented too? I swiped a shade once with my fingers and there's a lot of product! Not bad for its value of $20!



So far, I am pretty impressed and I can see myself using these items on a regular basis and taking advantage of the charms to get more items. If you're on the fence of getting Boxycharm, DO IT! They give you a variety of beauty products (with an emphasis on makeup but also some hair and perfume), and there's brushes as well! You get more value with the $21 compared to the $10 worth of mediocre samples (sorry to those who like Birchbox...)

2 comments :

  1. I never heard of BoxyCharm before, :A:, so this was a great introduction to it! :D Thanks for that. I like how that this box gives you the actual full size of the products, in comparison with some boxes that only give you a sample size of a product.

    My favourite items has to be the revealed palette 2 as well! I also heard they were dupes of urban decay naked palettes.

    great review/unboxing

    xx Courtney

    daiisoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw you should give it a try! I enjoy it a lot. They have some really decent items. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete