BH Cosmetics 80s on the 80s Palette + St. Patricks Day MOTD





Maybe it's because it's spring time, but I have been craving a colored lid on my eyes lately. Like I've mentioned many times, I used to wear bright colored eyeshadow in high school. Transitioning into my 20s, I wanted something more subdued so that the eyes complement my outfit rather than clash with it. Time to time I do want to break out of my comfort zone and experiment with neons again. Besides, I'm going to be applying for graphic design jobs and the creative industry is a lot more flexible with your individual style.

I've been looking for an affordable palette because I had the Urban Decay Electric Palette for 2 weeks before I returned it because I felt like it wasn't worth the $49 if I wasn't going to be wearing it regularly. So when I went to bh cosmetics and I found this thing...also they are having a March Madness sale right now here if you are interested (sales are up to 76%) so I had to get it for only $8.95. I actually paid $7.95 for shipping so it totaled to $17.71 but it is cheaper than getting it for regular price at $19.95 plus shipping. I didn't want anything else enough to make me pay $50+ for free shipping.

The packaging is really cute and yeah, has elements of the 80s, such as checkers and bright pinks. I was born in 1989, so I obviously didn't grow up in 80s culture but I was influenced by my sister who was born in 1976. I love the movies The Goonies, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, and Pretty in Pink because of her. And yes, I love listening to Cyndi Lauper, Aerosmith, Journey, and a few catchy one hit wonders. I also have a few stuffed Care Bears.

Anyway, this palette has 30 shades! There are a few pigmented shades (mostly the mattes and darker shades, and the neutrals on the bottom row) and a few...less so (the ones on the top row). But a primer and Fix+ spray or water will definitely help the colors pop out. As with any eyeshadow, you will need a primer. I didn't know what I was thinking or doing before I got one!

Here are the swatches:

Rows 1 and 2 (Rainbow Brite colors)

Rows 3 and 4 (mostly cool colors and light shimmers)

Row 5 (the neutrals...I was shocked with how pigmented these are! The 2nd to last reminds me of Too Faced Semi Sweet's Peanut Butter shade!)

And because it was St. Patricks Day...I couldn't go without having a green eyeshadow look, especially because green is one of my favorite colors. For the lid, I used the green shade on the 2nd row and I got really lucky (no pun intended) with how it is one of the most pigmented shades in the palette. I also blended it with the darker green shade on the 1st row.

Face:
Smashbox Pore Minimizing Primer
Loreal Truematch Lumi Foundation (N5)
NYX Matte Bronzer (Medium)
Milani Rose Powder Blush (Coral Cove)

Eyes (other than the palette):
Urban Decay Primer Potion (Original)
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Eye Pencil (Zero)
NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder (Dark Brown)
Maybelline Sensational Lash

Lips:
MAC Lipstick (Mocha)

So if you're looking for a super fun, bright colored palette but are not willing to shell out $49 for only  10 shades (I'm talking to you, Electric Palette), I highly recommend you check out the Eyes on the 80's palette or other palettes from BH Cosmetics! They are super affordable (especially with the big sale going out) and have fun packaging.



No comments :

Post a Comment