Betsey Johnson Satchel

I've always been a fan of Betsey Johnson's designs. Her line is considered on the higher end, but it's nowhere near as expensive as Juicy Couture, Kate Spade, Coach, etc. I was able to get one of her bags from Burlington Coat Factory 2 years ago for only $48. Plus, her designs have personality; they are whimsical and fun.

She has a lot of leopard prints, bright patterns and bright colors in her designs, but I was looking for a more classic type of purse that I could wear with any outfit. Plus, most of my purses are shapeless, so I was looking for something more sturdy. Okay and I'm not going to lie, I was looking for a new purse for my NYC trip...but also something I could wear on a day to day basis! So when I was scrolling through the website and found the Doctor Frame Love Satchel, I knew I had to get it. They had a 20% off sale with a coupon. It's such a shame that you can get free shipping over $50 but it comes with a coupon, and I already used my 20% off coupon.

Front

Back

Detail of heart charm with logo on the zipper


It's a cream colored satchel with black accents on the side, around the zippers and on the handles and straps. This also comes in all black and all red, but I chose this color because it goes with almost any outfit. Plus, I don't like all black purses. It is quilted which gives it a classic, vintage feel. I've had more colorful purses in the past, but now that I'm getting older (I know 25 isn't that old) and about to enter the workforce after I graduate, I figured it's time to update my look a bit in the handbag department. Even though graphic design is a creative and colorful field, I still want to match my items together.

Function-wise, I thought it was going to be the usual, zipping purse at the top and that the ribbon was only for decoration but you actually pull it to open it up. Which can be a bit of a hassle but it's actually safer and more secure that way. I forget to zip a lot of my purses which is what potential pick pocketers want. But it will be a lot more difficult to steal my items inside. That is why this is also perfect for traveling.


This bag is fairly small though, because it's only 8" wide, 7.5" high and 6" deep. So if you're the type that carries your life in your purse, this probably isn't for you. I would say that the size would force me to be more organized, because I tend to throw random items in bigger purses. The size also makes it another plus for traveling so when you're walking around a lot you're not lugging a heavy, bulky bag. 

It also comes with attachable long straps if you want to carry it across your body.

Overall, this has got to be one of my favorite purses that I've owned so far and I can see myself using this for a long time without getting another purse. It also makes ties your look together and makes you extra polished even if you're wearing a casual outfit. As my mom always would tell me,"You could have the most beautiful outfit in the world but the wrong type of shoes and bags would ruin it. And vice versa."




No comments :

Post a Comment