Review: IT Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Vol. 1 Palette

I think I found my holy grail eyeshadow palette. Sorry to my Too Faced Chocolate Bar and UD Naked 3, I have to take a break from you guys for a while.



I've been looking for an all matte eyeshadow palette for a while and it's extremely hard to find. So when the Tartelette Amazonian Clay eyeshadow palette came out in Sephora, I was planning on saving up and buying that. Until my mom got me a $50 Ulta gift card for Christmas. I was searching for different things on the Ulta website and I came across the IT Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Vol. 1 Palette. Cool! Another all matte palette, I thought. The shades looked similar to the Tartelette palette and I felt that I could use each shade for everyday wear. I even searched #itcosmeticsnaturallypretty on Instagram to see how it looked on people. Yup, that was also a deciding factor on whether I needed to buy it or not.

When I got this in the mail, I opened it up and immediately I was so happy to have purchased it. Okay, I know I'm a sucker for packaging. The case is a light rosy color AND it's velvet. Not just that, the logo is gold. How much more luxurious does that feel? (touching it makes me feel like a queen) And it's extremely light so you could easily fit this in your purse and it's perfect for traveling. The opening is magnetic.

Now on to the eyeshadows. They are not tested on animals, which is always a plus in my book. The bottom of the palette says that it's anti-aging because it contains peptides, collagen, silk and antioxidants. Now, I'm not sure if that would automatically reverse the years in your eyes (only a quality eye cream can help that) but it couldn't hurt, right? It Cosmetics infuses anti-aging properties in their makeup and skincare, and they work with dermatologists and plastic surgeons to develop their products! Isn't that cool? And all of their products are chemical-free and cruelty-free.



There are 14 matte shades and 1 transforming pearl shade to mix with or layer on if you want to have a pearl eyeshadow. Isn't that cool? Heres the swatches:

Top to bottom: sheer joy, soft light, warmth, soulful, mocha, violet, midnight, noir

Top to bottom: love, sunrise, all heart, java, iconic, transforming pearl

I don't care for Soft Light too much because you can hardly see it on my skin, since it blends in my skin tone a lot. I would say that my favorite shades are Mocha, Violet, Sunrise, Sunrise, All Heart and Java. I especially love Violet because most violet eyeshadows I have are too dark and don't have enough pigment. This is very pigmented and the perfect medium shade.

The textures are extremely rich and buttery. I could only imagine what a buttery texture felt like since that's what a lot of beauty junkies describe the shades from LORAC Pro. I'm so used to chalky textures that aren't as pigmented. But this...wow, it just feels amazing. And it makes it so easy to blend.

I followed a tutorial from BeautyBuzzHub here on how to use it for everyday wear. I had my own spin on though (with the eyeliner and mascara). Don't use a shimmer primer or else it defeats the purpose of a matte finish: I accidentally used the Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin (which is shimmery) and I had to remove it and then use the original primer!

Makeup I also used:
UD Primer Potion (original)
LA Girl gel liner (dark brown) for my upper lash line
Pacifica Eye Pencil (fringe) for my lower lash line
Cover Girl Full Lash Bloom mascara
Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream (light/neutral)
Maybelline Master Glaze Blush Stick (coral sheen)
Wet n Wild lipstick (Wine Room)

If you're tired of shimmers (because at 25, I feel that I should cut back on using shimmers except for nights out), this or the Tartelette palette is perfect for you! It is $42 at Ulta (in store and online) and the It Cosmetics website!

Thanks for reading!
Hannah



No comments :

Post a Comment