MAC Viva Glam featuring Miley Cyrus

Okay, so I've never been too hot about Miley Cyrus. I'm 3 years older than her, so obviously I've never been into the Hannah Montana craze. It is mind-blowing to watch her over the years go from sticky-sweet Disney star to twerking wild child. And even though many people are speaking out against that and saying she still has many younger fans that look up to her. Problem is, those younger fans grew up as well and their tastes change. It's part of the growing process, and it's unfortunate that people are not willing to accept change.

Even though I would never dress or act the way Miley does, I admire her beliefs about feminism, LGBT rights and staying true to yourself. She seems very genuine, especially in this recent video from Pop Sugar, letting girls know that the way celebrities look on Instagram are totally not what they look like in real life. She also spoke about how she wears less makeup now than in her Hannah Montana days, where she did not feel like herself but was forced to keep Disney's G-rated image.

Anyway, when I found out that she was going to be the face of MAC's Viva Glam lipstick for 2015, I was pretty excited because of the hot pink shade. I am a fan of hot pink lipsticks even though I don't wear it often. But when it came out the MAC website, I became more intrigued and checked to see how it looked like on Instagram (through the hashtag #VivaGlamMiley. When I want something, I hashtag it first to see how it looks like on other people). It was extremely gorgeous on every skin tone, especially medium-dark skin. Since I am medium-tan and am NC 40, pale pink does not exactly look good on me. So then next thing you know, I started entering my info and ordered the lipstick and lipglass.


The lipstick is an Amplified finish, which is always a plus in my book because it's not as drying. It's extremely smooth and velvety. These days, I would rather reapply than suffer through painful, flaky lips. The lipglass is a sheer pearl finish with specks of glitter. Miley mentions in her video that the lipstick is geared towards her older fans whereas the lipglass is more fun for her younger fans. I would agree, the lipglass takes me back to my 8th grade years of wearing Lip Smacker lipgloss in different flavors. My 16 year old self would also love the lipstick. The lipglass is nice on days for when I don't feel like wearing too much color, and it's pretty moisturizing.

Here's how I look with the lipstick (top) and the lipstick with lipglass over it. Perfect for a night out! I'm also getting ready for the spring and summer with my pinks and corals.



This slightly reminds me of another hot pink MAC Lipstick I love, Girl About Town, which is an Amplified Creme finish and slightly cooler-toned. Below are swatches for comparison.


These are my first Viva Glam products from MAC. The Viva Glam line is endorsed by celebrities every year (in the past, it was Rihanna, Nicky Minaj, Cyndi Lauper,  Lady Gaga, Fergie, etc.) and one lipstick goes to the MAC's AIDS fund. Do you know what purchasing a $15 Viva Glam Lipstick goes to?

1 pair of school shoes for a child with AIDS
1 school stationary starter pack for a child with AIDS
1 rapid oral HIV test
1 vegetable garden starter pack for community garden
1 party pack for a child to celebrate for birthdays, Christmas, and Easter
1 hospitality kit with hygiene and grooming essentials for a client in a housing program
1 HIV prevention workshop conducted by a peer health educator
1 week’s worth of groceries (4 bags of food) for 2 clients
1 monthly medication planner to help a person manage their treatment regimen
1 counseling session for 1 client
1 month of personal transportation to and from doctors visits
2 emergency boxes with non-perishable food
2 hours of childcare during a mother’s doctors appointment
2 safe sex kits
8 nutritious home-cooked meals
14 blood glucose monitoring strips
23 female condoms (or 233 male condoms)
37 deliveries of dietetically sound meals


...and more! Isn't that amazing?! Pampering yourself while being a part of a larger cause! For more info, visit MAC AIDS Fund.

I do recommend this lipstick for all skin tones. It's better than I ever imagined it to be. I am a full supporter of Viva Glam. It has already been in stores and online for North America since January 22. For international stores, this will be available on February 12. Hope you enjoy!

Hannah

1 comment :

  1. New Diet Taps into Revolutionary Concept to Help Dieters LOSE 15 Pounds in Just 21 Days!

    ReplyDelete