High End Wishlist Wednesday


I'm halfway done with holiday shopping and I am seriously resisting the temptation to shop for myself. I don't want to feel greedy and at the same time, I am trying to be more financially smart with my money. I'm still trying to balance how to manage my money while going to school, buying supplies and buying makeup for this blog (and for personal use, obviously). Still, the ladies on makeupsocialapp (my username is hannahbananacreampuff if you want to add me!) and I lament on how every time we try to tell ourselves we will not be spending for a while, new products come up or something in your brain tells you that this product is so cool even though it hasn't appealed to you before. I am really trying to practice self discipline and hitting a few pans on the products I currently have. I love both high and and drugstore products. Here are some of the stuff I have been drooling over:

1. Philosophy Pure Grace Spray Perfume: Now I'm not one to wear perfume because I tend to forget about it. I like clean or floral scents. In Bath and Body Works, my favorite scents are Twilight Woods, Sea Island Cotton, and Cherry Blossom. The Victoria's Secret Angel perfumes also have that distinct, clean scent that I adore. When I tested this out at Ulta, I was in heaven. It was not too strong and not too light. The Ulta website describes it as "feeling like you just got out of the shower". That's how I want to smell like everyday. This baby has bergamot, water lily, jasmine, cool greens and musk notes.

2. Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar: When I first saw this on tumblr, I reblogged it and was like, "Are you serious?!" And someone responded to me and said yes, it was coming out on December 9 (for the Sephora VIBs. I'm just a Beauty Insider). But now it's December 17 and it's available for everyone. This has warmer tones than the original Chocolate Bar (which I already have, you can read the review here). I saw that it looks more pigmented from Budget Beauty Blog's review and swatches here, but then again she used the Urban Decay Primer Potions under (which I have as well!) And the best part? Instead of that stupid plastic sheet with all of the swatch names, they finally printed the swatches on the palette in this one!

3. Too Faced La Creme Lipstick in Spice Spice Baby: I don't know what it is about me and Too Faced. Maybe it's because I am a graphic design student and I adore their soft, feminine color palettes, typography and packaging. The La Creme lipsticks look so luxurious with their gold tubes. I hear they are moisturizing, and have white lotus flower to soothe and hydrate the lips. I tested Spice Spice Baby and it's brownish-pink shade would be considered MLBB (my lips but better) for my medium skin. Other shades I like are Pink Chocolate, Bumbleberry, I Want Candy, Teddy Berry and Jellybean.

4. Tarte Tartelette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadow Palette: Right now it's only for VIBs in Sephora and is sold out. It's extremely rare to have an all-matte palette! I would love to have this in my stash because most of my palettes are shimmery. It has a mix of warm and cool shades, my favorites being "Best Friend" (rose), "Bombshell" (dark red), and "Dreamer" (bronze). This is perfect for a casual day or a work setting!

5. NARS blush in Super Orgasm: Now I knew that Orgasm is a cult favorite among many makeup geeks. I didn't really care for it too much until I was looking for youtube tutorials on how to contour with the NARS Multiple stick (I have the Matte Multiple in Vientiane, the only NARS product I have) and I watched some tutorials and reviews about the Orgasm shade (in Multiple form). I then realized why people were so obsessed with it. It's pigmented and it suits all skin tones! Now, the Super Orgasm has more shimmer but also more saturation which I prefer. I wouldn't mind it in blush or Multiple form!

No comments :

Post a Comment