SFA Mixer Makeup!

Of all the clubs I have been interested in or scoped out at Sacramento State, SFA (Student Fashion Association) is always the one I stuck with consistently. Now, I haven't been as involved as I would've liked due to lack of transportation, but this time I will try to make it work and immerse myself as much as possible. I have designed flyers for them in the past and I still have an interest of doing so. I've always dreamed of doing something in the graphic design or fashion industry...when I was 16 years old, I found out about FIDM and all the majors they had (I was particularly interested in fashion/graphic/interior design and visual communication), so I wanted to go there and I would try to experiment with their entry projects...but circumstances led me to stay in the area. Thank goodness Sac State has an excellent graphic design program. I'm so thankful everyday to be a part of it, however competitive and intense it may be. And SFA is very involved on campus and in the fashion scene in Sacramento. I know most people don't think of Sacramento when they think fashion forward; that usually goes for LA, NYC, maybe SF, Miami...but we do have a decent amount of boutiques in Midtown and Downtown. Being a graphic design major AND in SFA merges both of my passions.

We had our first mixer in Jessica's house (the current SFA president) and the theme was Tiffany blue. I didn't take a lot of photos (I regret it!) because while I am pretty friendly, it does take me a while to warm up. Most people who know me know I am very quiet at first. I try to make the initial conversation at first but a lot of times I hold back. I don't know if it's a mental block from the past, thinking people don't like me (they probably do, I just have to get rid of that mindset once and for all!)

The only selfie I've taken on my phone with new SFA buddies, Greg and Donovan. I've taken other selfies with other girls in their cameras.

I absolutely adored my makeup that I didn't want to take it off before I went to bed! But alas, all good things must come to an end.


Face:
Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser
Tarte BB Tinted treatment 12 hour primer (medium)
Loreal True Match Lumi Foundation (N5)
Tarte CC under eye corrector (medium-tan)
Too Faced Amazing Face Powder Foundation (Honey Beige)
Sephora Baked Sculpting trio (sophisticated)...for contour and highlight
Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush (hot tamale)

Eyes:
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion (Sin)
Too Faced Chocolate Bar ("White Chocolate" for browbone, "Creme Brulee" and "Haute Chocolate" for lids, "Gilded Ganache" for crease, and "Semi-Sweet" for eyebrows)
LA Girl gel liner (dark brown)
Maybelline Mega Plush Volumexpress Mascara (blackest black)

Lips:
Loreal Colour Riche Lip Liner (Rouge)
MAC Lipstick (Russian Red)

...then I finished it off with NYX Dewey setting spray.

Oh, I loved how I blended my eyeshadows together. The shimmers are perfect for the nights out. Usually, I just use the matte shades, and sometimes when I blend "Milk Chocolate" and "Semi-sweet" on my lid they end up looking the same, no matter how much I load the brush :( I think I'm getting better at this though. Oh and I am crazy obssessed with the Russian Red lipstick! It's one of the MAC cult favorites for red lipstick along with Ruby Woo. I was going to get Ruby Woo at first, but after finding out that it was a Retro Matte finish (meaning it's a lot more drying and harder to apply), I decided to go with Russian Red. Both have cool tones to make your teeth look whiter, and Russian Red is darker. Since it's a regular matte finish, it's not as drying as Ruby Woo but it still lasts pretty long too. I wore it for 8 hours and it only faded by like 5%. Russian Red has got to be one of my favorites now so I'll definitely keep wearing it!

And for nostalgia, here are some old flyers for SFA I designed...that was during Spring 2013, before I got officially accepted into the graphic design program. I have really come a long way since then.






No comments :

Post a Comment