My first Ipsy Glambag

I signed up to get the monthly Ipsy Glambag in July but I was on the waitlist for a while. I really wanted to get monthly subscriptions so while I was waiting I signed up for Birchbox and Graze (a weekly healthy snack box, which I loved but cost $6.49 a week so I cancelled it). You could imagine the excitement I got when I got the email that Ipsy was going to ship my bag and start billing my account.

Ipsy was created by Michelle Phan, if you don't know who she is...well, I can't help you. Upon signing up you take a survey regarding what are your needs for hair, skin, makeup, etc. and what brands you like. Almost everyone weekly gets the same goodies with 1 or 2 different things. Here's what I got:

NYX Hot Singles Eyeshadow in Burlesque, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair deep conditioning mask, Crown Brush C476 crease/shadow, Pacifica natural minerals eyeliner in fringe, and Cailyn Art Touch tinted lip gloss in Basic Instinct.

My favorite would be the lip gloss, hands down. At first I wasn't sure that I was going to be too hot about it. I am more into bright colors and glossy red lips (although I have been getting into nudes more recently!) I saw on Instagram that some people got "Love Affair" which is red. But after putting on "Basic Instinct", I instantly fell in love. It's pink with peach undertones. I could use this for casual days. It suits best on fair to medium tones. For a tinted lip gloss, it does have medium-full coverage, which is a plus in my book. It's also easy to apply and smooth. Not as other drying as my other lip glosses. I wore this for 16 hours and reapplied only 3 times.

The NYX Hot Singles eyeshadow is the shade Burlesque, which is a shimmery dark purple. It's nice to use as a crease (which is what I did in the picture below) or a liner.

I like the double ended brush too. The hairs were able to catch a lot of eyeshadow. I need more brushes in my life so I'm happy to get this.

I feel "meh" about the eyeliner, probably because it smudges (I also was in a hurry so I forgot to set it with powder afterwards). It's dark brown, which is nice because I have been getting into more dark browns for eyeliner since sometimes black can add a bit too much punch.

I used the lip gloss, eyeshadow and eyeliner yesterday!


The only thing I haven't tried is the Briogeo hair mask. I've been using Nioxin shampoo and conditioner to thicken my hair. Thankfully my hair has been growing back, so I will try this conditioner someday. It has some good reviews, saying it leaves the hair soft and smooth. So I'll definitely try this and review it on its own!

Between ipsy and Birchbox, I have to go with the former. Why? Because I like the products better and the idea of having a new makeup bag every month. I could also use it for my school supplies! The box is too bulky for me, although the website has many tips on how you can use the box. The lip gloss on ipsy had me sold. I like Birchbox too, but I am a student, so I am unable to subscribe to both since I have to pay for my supplies, printing projects, doctor co pay visits, bills, Creative Cloud Subscriptions...but maybe once I get out of school I'll renew the Birchbox subscription. I have to give them props though for having an app and a more established website.

No comments :

Post a Comment