I've been craving for Candy Yum Yum and I finally got my sweet tooth!

What kind of makeup junkie would I be without at least some of the cult favorites from MAC? I ordered MAC's Candy Yum Yum and Russian Red lipsticks, along with Stila All Day Vinyl lipgloss in Terracotta and Urban Decay original eyeshadow primer.


Like I said before, I have been really into bright pink lips. I have 5 of the LA Girl glazed lip paints and Bombshell is my favorite. I also adore NYX butter lipstick in Little Susie. So it's not a surprise after contemplation that I decided to get Candy Yum Yum.

It's not the most appropriate color for the fall (as we're heading towards reds, berries, golds and browns) but whatever, I like how it goes on me. It suits most skin tones which is why it's very popular. In the picture above, I wore it on the way to class. It's best for nights out but if you want to wear it on a casual day, just tone down the eye and face makeup. It's a blue based hot pink, which is also why my boyfriend thought it was more of a purple shade! Most hot pink shades remind me of being in an 80's movie, and I like 80's movies (thanks to the influence of my older sister) which is why it's a plus in my book.

It's $16, which is about mid range in the makeup world. It's a matte finish, meaning it's all flat color, no shimmer. I love mattes because I want the color to pop out on my lips. They also last pretty long. What I don't love is the drying effect. I exfoliated prior to putting this on using Vaseline and brushing my lips with a toothbrush and applying Blistex balm. At first it wasn't too bad but after maybe 3-4 hours the skin started to peel. I'm still on the lookout for the perfect method to getting soft, smooth lips everyday because I love color and I love lipsticks and lip glosses. They make me feel sexy. If you're feeling a little bold and edgy I would very much recommend this. Beware of the drying effect, especially because MAC is one if the more drying brands.

No comments :

Post a Comment