New name + Review: Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick in Zin

So I guess you would say this is my first official post, and I decided to change the blog name to "Just Hantastic" as a spin based off my name, and because there are some spoonie bloggers and IG users with the names of "chronically_[insert adjective here]" and "fabwithlupus" (who is wonderful). I wanted something original and personal, and while my lupus is a huge part of my life, I don't want to to eat me up inside. I want the many other facets of my life to shine.

Anyway, I'm a lipstick addict. I have about 15 so far (which is minuscule compared to the other makeup junkies in the 50+ club, but someday I'll reach there!) and there are 3 things I look for in a lipstick: Does it last long throughout the day? Does it hydrate (or at least not dry out) my lips? How much color/pigmentation is in it?

I'm always on the lookout for a hydrating lipstick that lasts long, since I suffer from chronically dry lips. So when I went to Sephora last month and asked one of the employees to help me find a lipstick that meets my needs, and she referred me to Bite Beauty. 

Bite Beauty is a lip company based in Toronto that is currently available in Sephora stores (including the ones in JC Penny). They use all natural and organic ingredients, some of which are edible. They sell lipsticks, lip liners, glosses, and the agave lip masks (which is also what the employee recommended for my dry lips, and I also bought it). 

I bought a BB lipstick before (in Tawny) but she recommended the Luminous Creme Lipsticks. I tested out Shiraz, which I really loved but was sold out. Then I kept testing until I found Zin. The berry red worked perfectly with my medium skin tone.


Zin it's true shade under the light


Zin on my lips.

I have mixed feelings about this product.

Pros:
-Super moisturizing! No flaky skin here, especially when I put the Bite lip agave mask beforehand.
-I love berry red shades, and this one is subtle enough to where I can use it on casual days but want a pop of color without being too obnoxious.
-It has a creamy, glossy finish
-The Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick contains resveratrol (same antioxidant in red wine) which has anti aging properties and fights free radicals.

Cons:
-Fairly pricy at $24 a pop.
-Does not last that long. It fades fast, and I noticed that when I drink from my water bottle, the color transfers. So that means I have to constantly reapply.

Would I recommend? Maybe, if you have the money for it. The colors are beautiful and subtle with a sheer-medium coverage, and you can't deny the moisturizing benefits and the organic ingredients prevalent. I love the shade but I probably won't buy again since I lack the patience to constantly reapply (for the price that it is, which is expected considered it's a high end brand vs. a drugstore brand)

Overall rating: 3.7 stars

No comments :

Post a Comment